NOTICEDISCONTINUED PELCO PRODUCT.
This product has been discontinued. For further information please visit pelco.com/support/discontinued-products
Configuring the DX8100HDDI for use with legacy Digital Sentry HVR(s) and DX Series DVR/HVR(s).
Pelco Video Management
- DSXPRESS Desktop
Initial configuration of the RAID array on the DX8100HDDI.
Turning on the DX8100HDDI
Turn on both the DX8100HDDI power supplies and verify that "Ready" is displayed on the LCD.
NOTE: You just wait until the DX8100HDDI displays the "Ready" status before turning on the HVR or DVR.
Creating the logical drive.
Access the Setup mode rom the DX8100HDDI front panel.
a. If the IP address is still displayed in the LCD, press ESC five times.
b. Press and hold ENT for two seconds.
- Press ENT to enter the Quick Logical drive Install menu.
Press the down arrow to select RAID5.
Press and hold ENT for two seconds to initialize the logical drive.
Unmapping the logical drive
After the logical drive is initialized, press the down arrow three times until "View and Edit Host Luns" appears.
Press ENT three times until Delete CH0 ID0 LUN=00 Mapping appears.
- Press and hold ENT for two seconds until you hear a beep.
- From the DX8100HDDI front panel, press ESC twice to return to the main menu.
Obtaining the IP address
NOTE: In order to continue DX8100HDDI configuration Telnet will be used.
- Press the down arrow three times. The "View and Edit Config Params" menu will be displayed.
- Press Enter two times.
- Press the down arrow once, and then press Enter two times. The IP address will display on the LCD .
Partitioning the logical drive
- Using the keyboard on the PC connecting to the DX8100HDDI , press ESC to close any messages. The Main Menu will appear.
Select PC Graphic
Partition the logical drive using the keyboard as follows:
a. Press C to select Configuration Parameters
b. Select Host-Side Parameters, and then press Enter.
c. Select "LUNs per host ID", and then press Enter.
d. Select "16 LUNs", and then press Enter. The change screen appears.
e. At the change screen, select Yes, and then press Enter.
f. Select No when the system prompts you to restart the unit, and then press Enter and ESC.
g. Press Enter and ESC again to return to the main menu.
h. At the main menu, Press S. The Channels options are available and Channel 0 is selected.
i. Press Enter. The View and Edit SCSI ID option is selected.
j. Press Enter. The ID 0 option is selected.
k. Press Enter. The Add Channel SCSI ID option is selected
l. Press Enter. The ID 1 option is selected.
m. Press Enter. A pop-up screen appears.
- Select Yes, and then press Enter. The system prompts you to restart the unit.
- Select Yes, and then press Enter to restart the unit.
From the Main Menu, select "view and edit Logical drives," and then press Enter.
The first entry in logical drives table is selected. Press Enter.
Select "Partition logical drive" on the shortcut menu. and then press Enter.
A warning message appears. Select Yes, and then press Enter.
Set the partition size for the first logical drive:
a. Select the logical drive you want to partition , and then press Enter.
b. In the partition size text box, type 2048000, and then press Enter
c. A warning message appears. Select Yes, and then Press Enter.
Set the partition size for the remaining logical drives:
a. In the logical drives table, select the nest logical drive in the list.
b. Press Enter.
c. In the partition size text box, type 2048000, and then Press Enter.
d. A warning message will appear, select Yes, and then Press Enter.
Repeat the previous step until the partition size of the last logical drive is less than 2048000.
NOTE: A DX8100HDDI that is fully populated with twelve 2 TB drives will have 11 partitions.
- To return to the Main Menu, on the keyboard, Press ESC twice.
Mapping the Partitions
From the Main Menu, select "view and edit Host luns," and then press Enter. A shortcut menu will appear.
- Select "CHL 0 ID 0" and Press Enter. A second shortcut menu will appear.
Select Logical Drive, and then press Enter.
- Press Enter four times.
The map Logical Drive prompt will appear. Select Yes, and then press Enter.
- Select LUN 0, and then press Enter twice.
Select the next available partition, and then press Enter twice.
NOTE: Mapped partitions are indicated by an asterisk (*) in the partition column.
- Select Yes at the Map Logical Drive prompt, and then press Enter.
Repeat steps 6 to 8 until LUNS 0 to 5 have been mapped.
- Press ESC once, select "CHL 0 ID 1", press Enter, select Logical Drive, and press ENTER again.
- Repeat steps 6 to 8 until LUNs 0 to 4 have been mapped with the remaining unmapped partitions.
- After all partitions are mapped, press ESC on the keyboard to return to the Main Menu, and then close the telenet windows.