When attempting to view diagnostic information on an Endura workstation for a "Remote UI," you are presented with the following error:
Pelco Video Management
Endura WS5000 program, all versions
Possible causes include the following:
- The WS5200 program is not running on the monitored station.
- The DevicesOnline.dat cache is out of date.
- The Pelco HAL service is not running or is not installed on the workstation.
- If you are running the diagnostics on another workstation, ensure that the WS5000 program is running on that workstation.
- Close the WS5200 program on your own workstation and clear the DevicesOnline.dat file using the steps outlined in Lessons Learned entry 9095. If the issue persists, proceed to step 3, below.
- Click on Start
- In the search box, type services.msc.
Right-click on the item that appears and choose Run as administrator as shown in Figure 2, below.
- Scroll down in the list of services until you see the "Pelco_HAL" service.
- If the service is not running, right-click on it and choose Start.
- If the service is not listed at all, verify you have a Pelco WS5050, WS5060, or WS5070 workstation. The Pelco HAL service is only found on those devices. If you do have a WS5000 workstation, but are missing this service, then it is recommended you re-install the operating system using the steps in Lessons Learned Entry 9445.