Exported video (.exp) using the DX4500/DX4600 Export Viewer does not display.
Pelco Video Management
- DX4500/DX4600 All versions
- DX4500/DX4600 Export Viewer
Unable to playback video that was exported on a Windows PC.
Welcome to the DX4500/DX4600 Export Viewer application. The Export Viewer allows you to play back video that is exported from the DX4500/DX4600 server. The Export Viewer will verify the digital watermark embedded in DX4500/DX4600 native video.
Watermarking is used to authenticate the originality of a video file and to alert users to possible image tampering. The Export Viewer application runs automatically each time a CD or DVD created by the DX4500/DX4600’s export feature is inserted into a Windows-based PC. The software can also be installed on a PC and opened independently, when necessary.
VIEWING EXPORTED VIDEO:
The exports video to USB media and CD/DVD +RW media.
To download the DX4500/DX4600 Export Viewer click here
To view exported video perform one of the following options:
- Insert the CD/DVD disc. The export viewer application starts automatically.
- Insert the USB drive into a Windows based PC
- Click the Start button and then go to My Computer
- Locate the USB drive and double click the Export Viewer folder
- Double click on the Export Viewer icon
- On the File menu, click Open. The Open dialog box appears.
- In the "Look in" box, select USB device, and then select the export file.
- Click Open. The file opens in the DX DX4500 / DX4600 Export Viewer window.
- To view video, on the Control, click Play.
EXPORTED VIDEO FILE NAMING CONVENTION
The DX4500/DX4600 exported video file name contains details about the exported video.
Note: When video recorded on the DX4500/DX4600 server located in one time zone (for example, GMT -8:00) is exported and played back on a computer located in a different time zone (for example, GMT -5:00), the video's original recording time is adjusted to and displayed based on the time zone of the playback computer. To play back exported video so that its original recording time is displayed correctly, the time zone setting of the playback computer must be identically configured to the time zone of the DX4500/DX4600 server on which the video was recorded.
VERIFYING THE WATERMARK:
Watermarking is used to authenticate the originality of a video file and to alert users to possible image tampering. The export viewer will display a message if the video image has been altered.
To verify the watermark:
- In the Option section, select the "Set Watermark" check box.
- Open the exported file for which you want to verify the watermark. Playback starts. The export viewer performs a check to authenticate the watermark. If the watermark is authentic, no action is taken. If the video image has been altered, the export viewer displays a INFO dialog box with Result: Non watermarked video ! and playback stops at that point.