NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
NOTICECOMPLEX PROCEDURE REQUIRED.
The resolution of this article has many complex steps that may result in unforeseen results if not performed correctly. If you are at all unfamiliar with the requirements, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
Pelco Video Management
- Perform a SM5200 backup using LL#9145.
- Update to SM5200 version 1.5.1.0083.
SSH into the SM5200 and move any logging to the Export drive(s).
To validate the logs are being written to the Export drive(s).
ll (Those are lower case L's). The column highlighted below should reflect the current date.
Use the below to restore logging to the solid state drives if needed.
Option#2 For SM5200 version 1.5.0 and lower
Run the following commands:
1. mkdir /Export/var
2. mkdir /Export/var/log
3. mkdir /Export/var/log/pelco
4. mkdir /Export/var/log/pelco/sal
5. chown pelco /Export/var/log/pelco/sal
6. mv /var/log/pelco/sal /var/log/pelco/sal_orig
7. ln -s /Export/var/log/pelco/sal /var/log/pelco/sal
8. chown -R pelco /var/log/pelco/sal
9. mkdir /Export/var/log/httpd
10. touch /Export/var/log/httpd
11. chown -R pelco /Export/var
12. service pal3d stop
13. service service-accessd stop
14. service cerberusd stop
15. service hydrad stop
16. service httpd stop
17. Change the following line in /usr/local/Pelco/PAL3/src/palLog.py:
Change /var/log/pal.log to /Export/var/log/pal.log
18. Change the following line in /etc/rsyslog.conf:
Change both instances of /var/log/messages to /Export/var/log/messages within this file.
19. Change the following lines in /etc/rsyslog.conf:
Change /var/log/cerberus.log to /Export/var/log/cerberus.log, and /var/log/hydra.log to /Export/var/log/hydra.log, and /var/log/systemlogger.log to /Export/var/log/systemlogger.log
20. Change the following line in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Change ErrorLog logs/error_log to ErrorLog /Export/var/log/httpd/error_log
21. killall -HUP rsyslogd
22. service httpd start
23. service systemloggerd start
24. service hydrad start
25. service cerberusd start
26. service service-accessd start
27. service rsyslogd restart
28. service pal3d start