- Would like DS ControlPoint to sync from a single location.
- Do not want to create systems for multipe DS ControlPoint clients that are using the same settings.
- Have a master configuration file for DS ControlPoint that all PC clients connect to.
Pelco Video Management
- DS ControlPoint v7.6.32 or later
Procedure is not clear on how to create a centralized location for DS ControlPoint.
Note: DS ControlPoint versions MUST be the same.
There are 2 parts to setting up this feature:
Configuring the primay DS ControlPoint cache file settings:
- Configure your settings in DS ControlPoint (i.e. Systems, Groups, Tours, etc.)
Go to Setup > Application Settings > Sync tab.
Set Auto Sync:
- On Startup
Set Auto Sync Location: to a path of your choosing that will be available to all clients, after your path add \cpsettings.cp
- Set Auto Sync:
- Restart DS ControlPoint to ensure the settings are saved.
- Go to Setup > Application Settings > Sync Tab and select Export Settings.
Save the exported settings file to the path selected above.
Note: The name of the file is CPSettings.cp (do not change file name)
Configuring the secondary DS ControlPoint cache file settings:
- Open DS ControlPoint on the client PC
- Go to Setup > Application Settings > Sync tab.
- Select Import Settings and use the file path created earlier.
Import Options: Merge imported settings file?
Click Yes to merge the imported settings file with your current settings, click No to replace.
Restart DS ControlPoint.
- Verify your settings match and that in the Sync Tab your path is saved.
- Repeat these steps on each client.