A new instance of the VideoXpert Core requires setup.
A previous instance of VideoXpert Core requires updating.
Note: The current VX release (v1.12 as of 01/06/2017) is only tested 2 versions back for compatibility.
Pelco Video Management
VideoXpert version 1.12
This document will be a baseline for customers to go off of.
DO NOT CHANGE THE IP ADDRESS OF THE CMG, CORE, MEDIA GATEWAY ONCE VX HAS BEEN INSTALLED. IF THE IP ADDRESS IS CHANGED FUNCTIONALITY WILL CEASE AND THE UNIT MUST BE REIMAGED.
- Hardware specifications must meet or exceeded. See LL#17793.
- Administrative rights on the workstation.
- The server should already have a permanent static IP address assigned to it.
- The computer name on the server should already be set.
- The timezone should be set correctly.
- The unit should be sync'ed to the correct NTP server.
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) cannot be installed on the Core.
- The secondary NIC must be disabled.
- Unzip the file to the desktop. Do not run the setup from within the zip file.
- Right click the Core installer and select Run as administrator if available, if not select Install. Click Yes on the User Account Control prompt if it appears.
- Click Install then click Next.
- Accept the License Agreement then click Next.
Modify the destination folders as needed then click Next.
NOTE: It is recommended that the events directory be placed on a separate partition, not the C:\. Failure to do so will result in the C:\ running out of disk space. The events directory should be on minimum partition size of 500GB.
- Click Install and wait for the installer to complete.
- Click Finish then click Close.
- Launch Admin Portal and login with [Username: admin Password: admin]. You will be prompted to change the default password immediately. Click Change Password.
- Input the old password (admin) then input your site specific password twice. Click Save New Password.
- On the "Welcome to VideoXpert setup" screen input the Company Name, Site Name and Core IP Address.
Select the appropriate Media Gateway Communication Method.
NOTE: If Digital Sentry is being used in parallel with VideoXpert the communication method must be set to Unicast > Unicast.
- If you will store Exports on a network share enable that function and provide the appropriate username and password with permissions to write to that share.
- Click Save Configuration. The process can take up to 15 minutes.
Click the Devices tab. The core should have a green checkmark next to it.
There is a 30 day grace period at this point if you installed VideoXpert on your own hardware. If no license has been entered by then, the service will stop functioning until a license is entered. Any OpsCenter clients will not be able to logon.
- Proceed to install the Media Gateway. See LL#17055.