A new instance of the VideoXpert Core needs to be setup.
A previous instance of VideoXpert Core needs to be updated
Note: The current VX release (v1.12 as of 01/06/2017) is only tested 2 versions back for compatibility.
Pelco Video Management
VideoXpert Media Gateway version 1.12
This document will be a baseline for customers to go off of.
- Hardware specifications must meet or exceeded. See LL#17793.
- Administrative rights on the workstation.
- Disable the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service. See LL#17481
- Unzip the file to the desktop. Do not run the setup from within the zip file.
- Right click the Gateway installer and select Run as administrator if available, if not select Install. Click Yes on the User Account Control prompt if it appears.
- Click Install then click Next.
- Accept the License Agreement then click Next.
- Modify the installation path if needed then click Next then Install.
- Click Finish when prompted then click Close.
- Launch Admin Portal and login with [Username: admin Password: your_site_specific_password].
- Click the Config tab then input the Media Gateway IP address. Checkmark Commission this device. Click Save Configuration. This may take up to 15 minutes.
Click the Devices tab validate the media gateway has a green checkmark next to it.
If no license has been entered by then, the service will stop functioning until a license is entered.