Using DX Series Client to configure motion settings.
Pelco Video Management
- DX Series Client
- Analog cameras
- Using DX Series Client to configure motion schedule and sensitivity settings for recording.
- DX4800 is only recording in Normal mode.
Setup schedule for motion recording.
Set schedule to Motion (blue): Video is displayed, but it is not recorded until a motion event is detected.
Schedule Copy: Allows you to copy a schedule from one day to another day, weekday (Monday to Friday), or weekend (Saturday and Sunday).
The DX Series client allows you to copy schedules as follows:
- A day of the week (Sunday to Saturday): The schedule for any day can be copied to another day, to the weekday, or to the weekend.
- Weekday (Monday to Friday): The schedule from the highlighted day is only copied to the respective channels for every day of the week except Saturday and Sunday.
- Weekend (Saturday and Sunday): The schedule from the highlighted day is copied to the respective channels for Saturday and Sunday.
MOTION DETECTION SETUP
For analog camera motion recording, the motion area is configured through the application window. Use the outline tool to draw a boundary around multiple areas. You can define one or more motion detection areas in the window. For IP camera motion recording, the IP camera must be configured for motion recording. The DX4700/DX4800 and DX4700HD/DX4800HD must be configured for motion recording.
The sensitivity control has the following guidelines:
- High sensitivity setting: A high motion level is needed before the unit can detect motion and record the event.
- Low sensitivity setting: A low motion level causes the unit to detect and record video.
- Medium 50% sensitivity setting (default): A typical motion level causes the unit to detect and record video.
To select a motion detection area:
On the toolbar, click the Setup icon.
- Click the Display icon. The Display page appears.
In the preview window, drag an area to the right. The dotted rectangle selection tool appears, and the selected area is highlighted green.
Note: The DX Series Client does not support IP camera motion area mask or sensitivity.
- To delete a motion area, right-click and drag to the right to select the area. You can also, click Clear All, which deletes all highlighted areas.
To enter the motion sensitivity setting, perform one of the following options:
- Decrease sensitivity: Click the Sensitivity box, and select a lower setting.
- Increase sensitivity: Click the Sensitivity box, and select a higher setting.
- To save the changes, click the Live icon, and then click OK.