What are the steps to Install the DS Web Service.
Pelco Video Management
- DS Web Service v2.0.0-184.108.40.2065
- DS Video Server version v7.3.54 - 7.7.309
- Microsoft NET framework 4.0
The Digital Sentry® (DS) Web Service enables HTTPS communications (port 443) on your Digital Sentry system. This allows you to access live feeds from your DS system on your phone, tablet, or other mobile device using the Pelco Mobile™ application.
Installing the DS WebService
On a 7.7.309 and below DSSRV or DS NVs system (for recorders running 7.8 and greater software, use the PelcoAPI Bundle installer):
1. Download the DS Web Service installation file.
NOTE: If you are installing the DS WebService on a DSSRV or DS NVs without direct internet access, you can download the file and then transfer it to your DS system on a flash drive.
2. Open the DS WebService executable file. The DSWebService InstallShield Wizard appears.
3. Click Next.
4. Accept the license agreement and click Next.
NOTE: Failing to accept the license agreement prevents the DS Web Service from installing.
5. (Optional) Edit your User Name and Organization if it is different than what is shown.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Next again; there is no difference between a Complete or Custom installation of the DS WebService.
8. Click Install.
9. Click Finish once installation is complete.
You can now access live camera feeds from your Digital Sentry system using the Pelco Mobile application.
STARTING, STOPPING, OR RESTARTING THE DS WEBSERVICE
Once installed, the DS Web Service starts and runs automatically, ensuring users have access to the DS System from the Pelco Mobile application. However, if necessary, you can start, stop, or restart the service.
NOTE: Stopping the DS WebService prevents users from accessing a DS System using the Pelco Mobile application.
1. Open the Run prompt (method varies depending on your operating system):
• Under Windows® XP/Windows Server® 2003/Windows Server 2008, click Start, and then click Run.
• Under Windows Vista®/Windows 7, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Run.
2. Type services.msc in the text box, and then click OK.
3. Right-click DSWebService.
4. Select the appropriate option: Start, Stop, or Restart.