- I cannot PTZ my CS20 camera through Pelco protocols.
- How do I control the Zoom function for my C20 camera through Pelco protocols?
- When I press the Zoom button, or use my joystick for Zoom, I cannot get the C20 camera to respond. What am I doing wrong?
C20-DW-6, C20-DW-6X or C20-DW-7X
C20 series cameras are marketed to perform Protocol control functions from Pelco protocols Coaxitron and "D".
The C20-DN AND the C20-CH models will NOT be able to perform the following instructions as these models do NOT have EZoom functionality.
PAN/TILT AND ZOOM FUNCTIONS ARE IN FACT CAPABLE INSIDE THE C20-DW-x MODEL MENUS, BUT YOU MUST BE IN THE MENU OF THE CAMERA BEFORE THESE FUNCTIONS WILL WORK.
1) Protocol control connections:
- Connect the twisted pair of wire from the "D" (2400 BAUD, No Parity, 8-data bits, 1 stop-bit) controller (KBD300A, software, GlassKeyboard, etc.) to the respective RX+/- connections on the back of the camera labeled with RS485. The Transmitting positive polarity will be landed on the RX+ of the C20-DW-x camera. The same is to be said about the transmitting negative side to where it will land, respecitvely, on the RX- of the C20-DW-x camera. Polarities for the data MUST match throughout the data line.
- If using Coaxitron, the respective length of coax cable (RG59U, RG6U, RG11U ONLY for CCTV applications) will need to be used, but simply connect to where you have good, usable video.
2) Once the physical connections are made, and you have good, usable video, then use, from the respective controller, 9-5-Preset (preset Set) and if the text overlay comes up with "Now programming label for Preset 95" shows up, use joystick function to move down to SET. Once SET is highlighted, then press the joystick function to the right to enter into the C20-DW-x's menu.
3) Once inside the menu, joystick down to Next and then press the Iris Open function to go to the next menu options. Once again, joystick down to Next and press the Iris Open function. This should bring up the menu with the EZoom at the top.
4) Once EZoom is highlighted, ensure that the DIS menu option directly below the EZoom menu option is set to the default of OFF, otherwise the EZoom will NOT be selectable, and then press the Iris Open function.
5) Once in the EZoom menu, your joystick to the right or to the left will controll the Pan/Tilt/Zoom directions and the joystick up or down will control the function selection.
6) To exit the EZoom menu, either leave the camera alone for ~20 seconds and the menu will disappear altogether, or, joystick down to Back or Exit and then press the Iris Open function to select that option.