A DVR is the most vital piece of equipment in a CCTV and network surveillance system.The recording management writes files 24 hours a day with no room for failure.
Pelco Video Management
Maintaining the DVR on a regular schedule provides your system to function at optimal potential.
Pelco recommends the following guidelines to assist your DVR with running as long as possible:
- The recorder should be installed in an air conditioned room where the temperature is maintained between 50° and 90°F (10° and 35°C) with relative humidity not to exceed 80 percent, noncondensing.
- Recommended installation of DVR in rack or dust free secure cabinet.
- A UPS connection to the DVR for correct power loss process.
- The DVR should be utilized as a CCTV extension and not for any other reasons.
Daily Maintenance check list:
- Verify movement on the display screen for each camera in live mode
- Verify clock on display screen is properly counting.
- Consider a dwell/sequence mode for preventing image burning on the display monitor.
- Verify recording schedule icon is active (refer installation manual for details)
- Verify the daily maintenance process, with the addition of performing playback from the week’s recording schedule for one hour.
Monthly Maintenance check list:
- Verify the weekly maintenance process, with the addition of performing a export or backup to CD/DVD/USB from one hour time frame in the month.
- Verify hard drive status in the Information area.
Six-Month Maintenance check list:
- Verify the monthly maintenance process, with addition of the following attributes.
- Spray the DVR with Dust-Off compressed gas duster.
- Check the status of the hard drives in the information data.
- Clean front fan filter.
If you have any questions, please contact Technical Support at 1-800-289-9100