The software is corrupted and needs to be restored to a factory default state.
Pelco Video Management
- VideoXpert decoder version 1.0011.14.04
- D09U (Optiplex 9020M)
Unstable / corrupt software
An updated failed to apply correctly and the decoder is in an unusable state.
Note: If you are reimaging a D10U (Optiplex 7040M) Enhanced Decoder do not follow this tutorial. Follow LL#19158 instead.
Create a bootable USB Recovery Key
- Download the recovery image from above.
Launch Rufus and apply the settings marked in red.
- Next to ISO Image click the button and select the image that was downloaded.
- Click Start.
- Click OK.
- Click Close when it's finished.
Section 2: Reimaging the decoder
- Insert the USB key.
Power on the decoder and tap the F12 key and when the prompt appears, select the USB key and click OK.
The below image will appear and the recovery process will begin.
- When the process is complete the decoder will reboot.
- Remove the USB key.
When Utilizing the v2.1 Images for the decoder simply use the following steps to create the key imager:
1. Unzip contents of vxd-image-126.96.36.199 and copy contents to a bootable USB Key.
2. Browse USB to \utils\win32 and run makeboot.bat
3. Follow prompts on screen and exit when completed. Your USB key will now be ready to image a Dell 7050.