WARNINGELECTROSTATIC DISCHARGE REQUIRED.
Discharge all static electricity from your person by touching metal prior to handling any hardware. Failure to do so may result in damage to devices.
NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
The site is currently using 1TB, 2TB, or 3TB drives and wishes to replace all of them with 4TB drives.
Pelco Video Management
NSM5200 version 2.4.0045
Hard drives are either 1TB - 3TB.
The site wishes to increase their retention time by upgrading to the 4TB drives.
Performing either procedure will result in the loss of all video.
If a customer has an existing NSM5200 and wants to update their storage to 48TB there are 2 options:
Option #1: Send the unit in to Service and Repair and request it be upgraded to a 48TB system. Service and Repair will update all necessary hardware and software components as needed. This option provides a 3 month warranty on the work performed.
Option #2: Field upgrade
- Verify if the current RAID controller card and battery need to be replaced.
SSH into the NSM5200 and type tw_cli /c1 show model
NOTE: If it states no controller found substitue /c1 with /c2 or /c3
If the model DOES NOT say 9750-4I order all the components below.
- 3wARE sas 9750-4i: PB08-1404-0004
- LSI Battery Backup Unit: MK01-0304-0004
- (12) 4TB storage drives: DS-EN-HDD-4TB
- Update the NSM5200 to version 2.4.3.0015. The firmware can be obtained from the Exchange Download Center by clicking here. This requires Endura Certified login credentials.
- Shutdown the NSM5200 and replace the existing storage drives with the 4TB drives (DATA LOSS WILL OCCUR).
- Power on the unit and reset it to factory defaults from the webpage using LL#16958.