Connect a Genex to a CM6700 matrix using a KBD300A.
- Genex Duplex Multiplexer Series
Installation and Service
NOTE: A KBD4000/KBD4002 keyboard cannot be used when a multiplexer is used with a CM6700.
Single Keyboard Hookup
This configuration lets you use a single keyboard—without using a wall block—to control both the switcher and multiplexer (using the keyboard SHIFT key to toggle between them).
Remember to set Unit ID to 01 and COMM TYPE on the multiplexer to SLAVE and not MASTER.
1. Connect the MAIN monitor output from the multiplexer to VIDEO INPUT 16 on the rear of the CM6700 Switcher/Controller Unit (SCU).
2. Connect the KBD300 keyboard to the multiplexer’s COM IN port.
3. Connect the multiplexer’s COM OUT port to the CM6700’s LOCAL KEYBOARD port.
Multiple Keyboards Hookup
1. Connect the MAIN monitor output from the multiplexer to VIDEO INPUT 16 on the rear of the CM6700 Switcher/Controller Unit.
2. Connect the multiplexer to the CM6700 keyboard.