Where to land the data cable on a Axis encoder using Pelco PTZ cameras.
How do I connect a PTZ camera to an AXIS encoder?
- AXIS Encoders
- Spectra Series
- Esprit Series
- Exsite Series
Axis encoders are for the most part universally designed for similiar data connection types and methods.
Connect the data cable from the PTZ camera's RX+ to the Encoder's RS485 terminal RX 1 (May be label differently depending on encoder model). Wire camera's RX+ to encoder's TX 2.
All AXIS Encoders require a Pelco Driver to Control PTZ cameras. Verify the driver has been uploaded; if not download the latest Pelco driver from Axis's website.
To verify or upload the driver.
- Access the encoder using a web browser.
- Click on Setup.
- On left pane expand PTZ options and select Driver Selection.
- Under the Upload section Verify the Pelco Driver.
- Verify the video channel is active.
- The PTZ camera should be switched to match the address configured in the Device ID field.
- Set Device Type to Spectra III if the specific model of the camera is not listed.
Each encoder model may contain various features and may look similiar:
Configure The Serial Communication Port.
- Expand System Options and select COM Port.
- Enable port
- Set Serial Port Settings for D Protocol at 2400 baud referencing below screenshot. Axis encoders will vary depending upon model but settings will be similiar.