Why do I receive PING: transmit failed. General failure when connecting to a Sarix camera?
- All Sarix Cameras.
IP Camera Network hardware has not been initialized.
Major possible reasons for the error message PING: Transmit failed. General Failure are:
- Sarix camera Boot Sequence has not completed: A Sarix camera can take up from 1.5 minutes to 15 minutes to boot up. The average boot time before connection can be established is 3-10 minutes.
- Sarix Firmware has a corruption: Reset the camera to Factory Default.
- Sarix hardware failure: Repair or replace camera.
- Misconfigured Firewall on the PC or across the network: Disable the firewall on the PC, and remove the camera to a bench test. Then direct connect through a single channel POE injector.
- Outdated Network drivers, firmware, or a PC network adapter failure.
- PC network configurations.