- A U1-OPS-WKS6 was ordered and needs to be configured for multi monitors.
- A E1-OPS-WKS6 was ordered and needs to be configured for multi monitors.
Pelco Video Management
(1) VideoXpert OpsCenter: U1-OPS-WKS6 or E1-OPS-WKS6
(3) VideoXpert Enhanced Decoders: D09U-ENH-DEC
The local monitor output used is the DVI port.
A new 4 monitor OpsCenter needs to be being configured using the local DVI port and HDMI cables for the enhanced decoders.
- NTP and DHCP must already be configured.
- Enhanced Decoders monitor outputs must display their IP address in black text on a white background. Do not proceed until they do.
- All monitors must support the same resolution. It is recommended to use the same model for all monitors
- Connect your local monitor to the DVI-D port on the back of the unit.
- The Matrox card should be installed in Slot 0 as shown below.
- Connect the spider cable to the graphics card.
- Connect a VGA termination adapter to VGA Output 4 on the spider cable.
Connect a VGA termination adapter to the workstation's VGA port.
- Upon power On of the VideoXpert Ops Center, you will be prompted for a Windows login. The default Windows login is [Username: pelco Password: Pel2899100].
- Once logged in, right click on the desktop and select Launch Matrox PowerDesk.
Select Multi-Display Setup.
Under Basic configurations select Use independent mode.
Select 4 Independent then click OK.
Right click on A3 then select Remove. Right click on A4 then select Remove.
Under Unused outputs drag B1 and B2 into the main window. The position of the monitors should look like the below. We will adjust the screen resolutions next.
On the upper right next to Main Display click the blue arrow and select Display 1. Next to Output settings for click the blue arrow and select Display 1. Next to Resolution select 1920x1080.
- Next to Output settings for click the blue arrow and select Display 2. Next to Resolution select 1920x1080.
- Next to Output settings for click the blue arrow and select Display 4. Next to Resolution select 1920x1080.
- Next to Output settings for click the blue arrow and select Display 5. Next to Resolution select 1920x1080.
- Click Apply then OK on the bottom right of the screen. Click Yes when prompted.
Launch VideoXpert OpsCenter and click Configure
Input the settings specific to your site then click Configure Monitors. The below is only an example.
- Click Monitor 1 on the lower left and validate it is set for Direct.
Click Monitor 2 on the lower right and select Decoder. Input the IP address listed on the decoder then click Connect.
Note: If this is the first time connecting or if a new OpsCenter version was installed an update will be applied to the decoder. It will reboot and then display the background image.
- Repeat Step 16 for each monitor on the system.
- Click Finish then click Save.
- Login using [Username: admin Password: your_specific_password].
- See LL#17997 to improve the performance of the enhanced decoders.
- See LL#18445 on how to update OpsCenter.