NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
PelcoAPI no longer authenticates after changing admin password for DS Admin. Applications that use the Pelco API such as Pelco Mobile need to update the admin password.
Pelco Video Management
- DS Pelco API Installer v7.7.309
DigitalSENTRY v7.8.91 or later
DS Pelco API Bundle v7.8.91 or later
- DigitalSENTRY Frame Server service
- DigitalSENTRY Pelco API service
- DigitalSENTRY Serenity service
- DS Pelco API Bundle v7.8.91 or later
DS "admin" password needs to be changed for security reasons, Pelco API uses admin/admin for default login.
To change the DS PelcoAPI password from the default admin / admin.
Note: Username cannot be changed for the DS PelcoAPI.
- Verify that the admin account for DS Admin is defaulted to admin / admin.
- Go to Services > Start Menu > Search > type Services
Locate the DigitalSENTRY PelcoAPI service and stop service. v7.7.309
Note: DS 7.8 and later you must stop all services that are installed from the DS Pelco API Bundle (i.e. Frame Server, Pelco API, DSNSMRest, Serenity)
- Minimize Services
- Locate the DS ControlPoint icon, hit Shift on the keyboard and right click the mouse at the same time.
Select Run as different user
Log in with dsnvsuser / Pelco123. Note: If DSNVSUser password has been changed, login with that password.
Note: If not able to login follow - Unable to run DS ControlPoint as or login over a network using the DSNVSUser account.
Connect to dsservices, once connected right click on system and select Update Password.
Note: If you have more than one system listed or have multiple IP address on your server, delete all the systems but dsservices and use the IP address of the system with internet access.
Enter existing password admin then enter in new password.
- After password change verify connection and live video.
- Close DS ControlPoint
For v7.7.309 go to Services and Start the DigitalSENTRY PelcoAPI service.
For v7.8.x or later go to Services and Start the DigitalSENTRY Frame Server service, DigitalSENTRY Pelco API service, DigitalSentry DSNSMRest, DigitalSENTRY Serenity service.
- Connect to DS ControlPoint normally and verify live video once more, verify that the API is communicating correctly.
Pelco Mobile fails to connect to DS.
Pelco Third Party API Integrations/Questions