How do I configure a static IP address on the NET5500 Series Video Encoder?
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Video Management, Pelco Transmission & Power
- New installation
- Encoder requires a static IP address
- No DHCP server
If the encoder is connected to a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) network and DHCP is set to the ON position, the server will automatically assign an IP address to it; DHCP ON is the default setting for the encoder. Set DHCP to the OFF position in the web interface, to manually set the static IP address.
- Open an Internet browser and enter the IP the encoder received from DHCP.
- Click Login in the top right corner. The default login information is [Username: admin | Password: admin]
- Click Settings in the top right corner.
- From the Network Tab, select General.
- Turn off DHCP, and then hit Save.
- Wait for the camera to reboot.
- Enter the proper IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS server addresses for your system.
- Click Save