Event ID 18456: General information states: Login failed for user "x". Reason: Password did not match that for the login provided [CLIENT: 127.0.0.1]
Pelco Video Management
- DigitalSentry SRV
- DigitalSentry SRV 2
- DigitalSentry NVS
- DS ControlPoint
A DS ControlPoint instance or client set to autoconnect is constantly trying to be connected to by the DigitalSentry server but the authentication is incorrect. The database (MSSQL$DS_MSSQLSERVER) constantly tries to startup the connection to the client.
Identify the client that is trying to connect to the system.
Open dbgview by select the Start button and typing 'dbgview.exe' into search programs and files.
- If dbgview does not appear verify if it is in the following directory: Computer > C: > Windows > System32 > Dbgview.
- If it is not installed it can be downloaded HERE
- In dbgview look for the DigitalSENTRY Video Server (7020): SocketThread 0x### started for [Client IP Address] on interface [Server IP address]
Apply a filter by selecting the icon. Type the [Client IP address] into the Include box and press ok. If that client is spamming the server with logins it will display continous logs below.
- Try using trace route (tracert) and nslookup in command prompt to pinpoint which client workstation is causing the issue.
- Verify that the authentication for the DS ControlPoint client is correct and then reboot the workstation.