After upgrading from Power Manager version 1.0 to 1.1 or newer, the licensing does not work anymore.
Needing detailed information about Power Manager licensing and how it works.
SmartStruxure Solution, Other
- Power Manager
- License Administrator
- Power Monitoring Expert
There can be some confusion on what licenses are required to run Power Manger for SmartStruxure. There are also differences between version 1.0 and 1.1 or newer licensing.
Power Manager for SmartStruxure License
In order to use Power Manager you need to purchase a Power Manager license before the Power Monitoring Expert (PME) 90-day trail license expires. It is important to remember that you will also need your normal SmartStruxure licenses to work along side Power Manager (Workstation, Enterprise Server, etc) which need to be activated in the StruxureWare Building Operation License Administrator (Article #13556).
Note: The SmartStruxure temporary license (demo) is only for SmartStruxure software and does not include Power Manager.
Version 1.0 Licensing
The part number for this license was SXWSWSPMUL0001. This license will allow you to use all of the Power Manager features and no additional EWS licenses need to be purchased.
Version 1.1 or Newer Licensing
The part numbers for version 1.1 or newer are listed below.
- PSWPMNCZZSPEZZ - Base Power Manager license.
- PSWDENCZZNPEZZ - Power Manager entry range device license (to add devices to PME).
- PSWDMNCZZNPEZZ - Power Manager mid range device license (to add devices to PME).
- PSWSANPAZSPEZZ - Upgrade from Power Manager to full Power Monitoring Expert.
Upgrading from version 1.0 to 1.1 or newer
Activating a License
Once you receive your Activation ID for a Power Manager license, it can be activated in Floating License Manager. For more detail on license activation see the Power Manager Integration Manual.
- Go to the Start menu, Schneider Electric > Floating License Manager
Click Activate to open the Activation Method dialog.
Select By web and click Next.
Enter the Activation ID value, select Specify from the dropdown list for Seats, and then enter 1 for Count, and click Next.
- Specify your email address, choose a location where the request file can be saved, and then click Next.
- Click Yes if none of the software products are controlling your production systems.
- Click Finish.