The software is corrupted and needs to be restored to a factory default state.
Pelco Video Management
VideoXpert version 1.12
VideoXpert Accessory Server Image version 220.127.116.11 (Old Hardware Only / Dell D09U)
VideoXpert Accessory Server Image version 18.104.22.168 (New Hardware Only)
Unstable / corrupt software
Identify and download the correct image for your hardware:
- VideoXpert Accessory Server Image version 22.214.171.124 (Old Hardware Only / Dell D09U)
VideoXpert Accessory Server image v126.96.36.199 (New Hardware Only)
Create a bootable USB Recovery Key
- Insert a USB key into a Windows 7 PC and format it as FAT32.
- Download the file from above and extract the entire contents to the root of the USB key.
- On the USB key go to \utils\win32. Right click on makeboot.bat and select Run as Administrator. This must be executed from the USB key, do not run it from a local hard disk drive or the PC may become un-bootable!
- Follow the on screen prompts to create the USB key.
Reimage the VideoXpert Accesory Server
Update the VideoXpert Accesory Server using LL#18779.