Erasing NOVRAM from ASCs
I/NET Seven Site
How to erase the firmware and programming in the ASC
There is a way for users to erase the firmware and programming in the ASC by following the following steps:
Note: take care that you do not clear the memory on a stand-alone ASC with no SLI or I/NET computer with which to perform step 6! This procedure does not just reset the parameters, it removes the entire application.
- Remove power from the ASC.
- Place DIP Switches 6-12 in the off (0) position.
- Apply power to the ASC, and then remove power again.
- Place DIP Switches 6-12 in the on (1) position.
- Apply power to the ASC.
- Download the UPD file by selecting Update ASC to restore it to defaults.
On occasion, it may be necessary to repeat steps 1-5 twice.