Dual core active failover needs to be setup
Pelco Video Management
VideoXpert 1.7 +
(1 or 2) D09U-ACCSVR-US
There is currently no documentation on how to setup dual core active failover.
- Both CMG's should NOT be configured yet. Verify by going to the Config tab of Admin Portal. The Company Name field should be blank. If it has already been configured use LL#17817 to uninistall it. Reinstall as needed.
- Both CMG's should be running the same version.
- Both CMG's should have hostnames set.
- Both CMG's should have static IP's set.
- Both CMG's and the Accessory Server need to be in the same VLAN.
- Both CMG's time and timezone must be set correctly.
- CMG1: IP address, Subnet Mask and Gateway
- CMG2: IP address, Subnet Mask and Gateway
- Accessory Server: IP address, Subnet Mask and Gateway
- Virtual IP address for the core cluster
- Both CMG's and the Accessory Server should be powered on and plugged into the network.
The below information will be used for our example.
- Hostname: CMG1 IP: 192.168.10.102 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.10.1
- Hostname: CMG2 IP: 192.168.10.101 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.10.1
- Accessory Server Hostname: n/a IP: 192.168.10.151 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.10.1
- Core Virtual IP: 192.168.10.152
Accessory Server Configuration:
- Navigate to the webpage of the Accessory Server.
- Next to CORE Server Address type in the IP address of CMG1.
- Input the admin password.
- Select whether or not you will enable a second support server (The second support server must be online at this time).
- Checkmark Run Arbiter.
- Enable DHCP as needed.
Select the appropriate NTP mode.
- Click Save Configuration.
- A prompt will appear indicating the system was successfully configured.
- At this point you should be able to navigate to the Core Virtual IP.
- Allow 15-20 minutes of convergence time before testing Failover Functions.
Note: Make sure that the address set in Ops Center is the Core Virtual IP (192.168.10.152 in the example):
- Start VideXpert Ops Center
- Log in to the local setup using username: localadmin and password: localadmin
- Change the address of the VideoXpert Server to the virtual IP address for the core cluster, in the case of the example: 192.168.10.152 and save the settings.
- Log in to Ops Center with usual credentials after this step.