NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
SM5200 SSD has failed and needs to be replaced
Pelco Video Management
- Endura Systems
- SM5200 All Versions
- SM5200 SSD replacement part number is EE12-1200-2200. This is an Intel 200GB Solid State Drive
SM5200 SSD failed due to excessive read/writes and/or power related issues
When an SM5200 SSD fails, both SSDs should replaced as these are mirrored drives and will have equal amounts of reads/writes. To prevent premature failures, please update the SM5200 to version 1.5.2.0031 or newer.
Below is the procedure for replacing both SM5200 SSDs.
1. Order 2 replacement SSDs for each SM5200. The replacement part number is EE12-1200-2200
2. Leave the SM5200 powered on.
3. Pull out the failed SSD. In this example the failed SSD is in slot #2
4. Insert a new SSD in slot #2
5. Type tw_cli then press Enter. Type /c6 show then press Enter again. The status of RAID-1 will show REBUILDING and the status of p1 will show DEGRADED.
6. Wait approximately 3 minutes then type /c6 show and press Enter. The status of RAID-1 will show INITIALIZING or REBUILDING and the status of p1 will show OK
7. Wait approximately 20 minutes then type /c6 show and press Enter. The status of RAID-1 will show OK and the status of p1 will show OK
8. Repeat Steps 1-7 for the 2nd failed SSD. When the process has completed, the status of RAID-1 will show OK and the status of both p0 and p1 will show OK. Note: It is normal that the size of the RAID-1 partition will remain 111.748GB.