Receive an error when trying to copy or move a 5.6GB video file export to a USB flash drive.
"The file 'xxx.xxx' is too large for the destination file system."
Pelco Video Management
- DS ControlPoint
- Digital Sentry
Video File export
- EXE, AVI, XPA
The USB flash drive is formated FAT32.
If the file exported is over 4GB's in size, the USB flash drive media must be formated NTFS.
FAT32 single maximum file size = 4GB
NTFS single maximum file size = 16TB ~ 16EB
- Backup or copy any important data off of the USB flash drive to a PC.
- Click the WINDOWS + E keys on the keyboard and then select Computer (This PC on Windows 10 systems).
- Right-click on the USB drive and select Format.
- Leave all defaults with exception select NTFS for the file system and verify the the Quick Format option is enabled.
- Click Start.
- Once completed, copy the video export to the USB flash drive.