Video from Exsite camera is too dark to make out any detail.
- Analog Exsite PTZ
- Analog Exsite fixed
Video from the Exsite analog camera is too dark due to the auto iris level setting is too low.
Important Note: before adjusting iris level settings in the camera, make sure the video feed from the camera is properly terminated.
- Refer to the following Pelco Knowledgebase article regarding proper camera termination: Why does my monitor display ghosting images?
Adjust the auto iris level to provide an adequate image by using the following process:
Enter the camera's OSD programming menu by using set or program preset 95 from your system's controller
- Please refer to your system's documentation regarding using PTZ functions.
- Use tilt up/down to move the menu pointer
- Use Iris Open to select the menu items
- Navigate to: Unit Settings -> Camera -> Advanced Settings -> Auto Iris Level
- Use Iris Open to select the Auto Iris Level option
- Use the system's controller tilt up and down control to raise or lower the setting to attain desired picture brightness
- Use Iris Open to save the setting and return to menu navigation
- Use Iris Close to navigate to Exit, then use Iris Open to select and exit the OSD menu.