The ETL job configuration tool freezes when running the load sources task under the mappings tab.
- Extract Transform Load Administration Tool (ETL)
- Power Manager for SmartStruxure
- EcoStruxure Web Services (EWS)
- Enterprise Server
- Automation Server
The ETL default HTTP query size is set to 10 which in some cases can impact the performance of the tool.
Make sure that you read through the Power Manager best practice Article #18124. This article will provide a lot of tips to avoid issues or improve system performance.
ETL locks up while loading sources
Adjust the HTTP query size to a higher value. This will reduce the number of queries between ETL and the SBO Server.
- Close ETL.
- Go to the location where ETL is installed. The default path is C:\Program Files\Schneider Electric\ETL X.X (SBO to PME).
- Under the Jobs folder there is a project file named "JOB_ETLProjectName.xml". Open this xml file with a text editor.
Search for the setting called "ContainerQueryBatchSize". It is set to 10 by default, change it to 100 and save the job.
- Open the ETL user interface again and try running the Load Sources task. The folder count at the bottom of the screen will increase slower then before because each call is gathering ten times as much data.
Note: If the ETL tool locks up again with the query size set to 100, try other values until it is able to complete the task such as 50, 25, etc.
ETL takes a very long time to load sources
When dealing with very large systems it can take hours for ETL to search through the entire database for all trends. To help reduce the searching time filters can be created to restrict what is exposed to EWS.
Go to the System folder EcoStruxure Web Services > EWS Server Configuration. Click on the Filter Hardware Folder tab.
Under the "Filter Hardware Folder by Path" section, click on the green addition symbol. In the pop up window, name the path filter and click create.
Select the newly created filter path and click on the edit symbol. Enter the path of the folder or item in the database that you want to exclude from EWS. Click Okay.
Note: All filter paths created here will NOT be searched by the ETL tool.
- Once the ETL tool has loaded sources and the project has been created, the EWS filters may be removed.