Replacing a 1.9 core within a cluster which has failed.
Replacing a 1.11 core within a cluster which has failed.
VideoXpert suite 1.9
VideoXpert suite 1.11
1.9 Core/CMG which has failed within a clustered environment.
1.11 Core/CMG which has failed within a clustered environment.
1. The replacement unit should have the following items configured to match that of the CMG being replaced:
NTP/Meinberg (IMPORTANT:Time on the replacement unit must match that of the functional Core)
2. Go to http://x.x.x.x:8080/haproxy_stats. Replace x.x.x.x with the IP Address of the Accessory Server.
3. Under "core_servers", check the box for the CMG that is down.
4. In the Drop Down Box for "Choose the action to perform on the checked servers" select "Set state to MAINT" and click Apply.
5. Verify it went into MAINT mode by the color change. See the below screenshot for an example.
6. Go to Admin Portal > Devices and decommision the Media Gateway that is part of the CMG being replaced. (If core and media gateway are running on separate hardware, skip this step and proceed with Step 8)
7. Remove the decommissioned Media Gateway from the system.
8. Install the Core and Media Gateway software on the replacement hardware. DO NOT CONFIGURE THEM.
9. On the new CMG open a command prompt and run the following command:
"c:\program files\pelco\core\tools\restoreUtil.bat" –-coreIp IPAddressOfWorkingCore --password AdminPortalPassword
Example: "c:\program files\pelco\core\tools\restoreUtil.bat" –-coreIp 192.168.5.10 --password Pel2899100
This may take a few minutes depending on your network, the size of the database you want to restore, etc. The restore utility does not indicate a progress, but will tell you when the restoration process is complete.
10. Go to Admin Portal > Config and re add the new Media Gateway IP and select " Commission this device". Click Save Configuration.
11. Go to http://x.x.x.x:8080/haproxy_stats. Replace x.x.x.x with the IP Address of the Accessory Server.
12. Under "core_servers", check the box for the CMG that was previously set to MAINT mode. In the drop down box for "Choose the action to perform on the checked servers" Select "Set state to READY" and click Apply.
13. Refresh the webpage. Both Core servers should show up green at this point.