How do you verify if a VXS is recording streams and verify the overall health of the unit?
Pelco Video Management
- VXS v1.1.2056.56 - v22.214.171.1246
- VxPro v126.96.36.19985 - 188.8.131.52
Use this terminal when you need to verify the health of your VXS.
In order to verify the health of a VXS, you must do the following:
1. Open a command prompt as Admin by right-clicking the Windows icon as shown below.
2. Type the following command to enter the terminal:
telnet localhost 6666
*NOTE: If telnet is not already installed, then you will need to run through the steps to install telnet on a Windows Server 2012 computer before you continue.
3. You should now see the welcome screen as shown below
4. Type "help" to see the list of commands available
*NOTE: The most useful commands are the ones starting with pelco, playback, and recorder
*NOTE: You can also type "help
5. Below are screen shots of the output from some of the more useful commands as a reference:
6. To exit the terminal, press "CTRL + D"
7. Type "exit" and hit enter to close the command prompt.