Multi-channel encoder only has one serial port for PTZ data.
Pelco Video Management
- NET5500 series encoder
- Spectra IV series dome
- Esprit series positioning system
Multi-channel encoder only has one serial port for PTZ data and there are more than one PTZ camera connected.
1. Use Cat5 UTP cabling for all device interconnections.
2. Terminate one end of a 4-pair Cat5 cable using TIA-568B convention
3. Plug the RJ45 into the data IN port of CM9760-CDU-T
4. Wire the ORANGE pair of the Cat5 into the encoder's TX pair
- white/orange goes to TX+
- solid orange goes to TX-
5. Connect each camera's RS422 receiver to a CM9760-CDU-T transmit terminal.
- connect each camera to a separate port
- do not connect multiple camera cable runs together as this is improper topology for RS422 data
6. Program the NET5500 series encoder's PTZ protocol and set the address per encoder channel port to match that camera's PTZ address.
See the diagram below for connection-specific details: