A dual core system with Accessory Servers needs to be upgraded.
Pelco Video Management
There are no documents explaining how to update a dual core environment consisting of accessory servers.
WARNING!!!: Read all instructions in this article before proceeding. Deviating from these instructions will result in a system failure.
WARNING!!!: All updates to the Core service are incremental, meaning upgrading from VX Core version 1.11.12133(r33) must be upgraded to VX Core version v1.12.105 first, followed by a second update from VX Core version 1.12.105 to 1.12.114. There were significant changes made to the Mongo database between v1.11 and v1.12.
Backup the VIP before performing any updates.
- Go to Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services.
Validate the following Mongo services are running on the Primary CMG.
Validate the following Mongo services are running on the Secondary CMG.
- Do not update the system if these services are not present or not running. Contact Product Support (800-289-9100) for assistance.
- Have operators login and pull up any required streams. Once the upgrade begins, any new streams requested will fail to connect until the upgrade is finished.
- If the system is healthy update the Primary Core service and wait 15 minutes.
- Verify system functionality (i.e. Log in to Admin Portal on the Primary CMG).
- Update the Secondary Core service and wait 15 minutes. Verify system functionality (i.e. Log in to Admin Portal on the Secondary CMG).
- Update the Accessory server(s). See LL#18779
- Update the Primary Media Gateway service.
- Update the Secondary Media Gateway service.
- Verify system functionality.
- Once the upgrade is completed perform another backup.