VideoXpert storage system has experienced HDD failure and started beeping. The service technician would like to silence the alarm until the HDD can be replaced.
Pelco Video Management
- VideoXpert Storage server
One or more HDDs have failed.
The follwowing steps may be used to stop the beeping:
- Open the MegaRAID Storage Manager by double-clicking its icon on the desktop
- Wait for the list of controllers to populate
- Double-click the IP address of the system in the list of controllers (there should only be one)
When prompted, enter the Windows credentials used to log into the machine
- Default user name = pelco, password = Pel2899100
- Select the 'Physical' tab
- Right-click the controller's "root device" in the navigation panel
Select 'Silence alarm'
- Important Note: Do not select the 'disable' option as this will prevent the controller from alerting future events
- Close the program and resume operation
Part numbers for replacement hard drives are:
- DS-EN-HDD-4TB = 4TB HDD
- VXS-HDD-6TB = 6TB HDD