Shared display mode, also commonly referred to as a monitor wall was not implemented until VideoXpert v1.10.
Pelco Video Management
The OpsCenter that will utilize shared display mode must have only 1 monitor. Multiple monitors are not supported.
OpsCenters do not have monitor wall capabilities until version 1.10.
Setup the OpsCenter client to auto login.
- Click Start and in the search field type netplwiz then click Enter.
- Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer."
- Click Apply.
- Type the default password Pel2899100 and confirm it. Click OK.
- Click OK.
- Reboot the OpsCenter client and validate it auto logs in.
Configure the OpsCenter client as a shared display (monitor wall).
- Launch OpsCenter.
- Login with [Username: localadmin Password: localadmin]
- Configure the OpsCenter client settings relevant to your system.
- Under Workstation Mode select Shared Display. Note: Single monitor support only. If a second monitor is connected then disconnect it and restart the VideoXpert Ops Center.
- Provide a Ddisplay Name
- Provide a Number
- Input a valid username and password on the VideoXpert system. Note: If setting this up for VideoXpert ASCII integration, then the user must have an Administrative role.
- Click Save.
The below is an example.
OpsCenter will launch with an empty grid.
From another OpsCenter client create a tab containing the cameras you want to display on the shared display. See LL#18622.
Use the view launcher to send the tab that was just created to the shared display. See LL#18623.