- How do you access the hardware status of the fans or power supply on Video Xpert Storage?
- The VXS "Unit Status" LED is blinking RED, how to determine failure?
Pelco Video Management
- Video Xpert
- Video Xpert Storage
Hardware status information not mentioned in the Video Xpert Storage web interface needs to be known.
To see the hardware configuration and status the IPMI Console needs to be able to be accessed. This can be accessed either through serial or IP connections. An ethernet service port on the Video Xpert Server is how you can access the IP address of the IPMI console through its web interface. It is above the USB 3.0 ports. A picture of the port is below:
- When powering up the unit hit the DEL key on the keyboard numberpad to enter the BIOS
- Once in the BIOS navigate to the IMPI option with the arrow keys
- Select the BMC Network Configuration and press Enter
- Select Update IPMI LAN Configuration, press Enter and select YES
- Configure the Address Source for DHCP or Static.
- Connect the service port to a network
- Verify that you can ping the IPMI network address configured above
Type the IP address into a web browser. The below login page should appear.
- The default username is ADMIN and the password is ADMIN
- If asked about running the latest Java (TM) Runtime Environment select 'Cancel'
From here you can find various configuration settings, logs, and server health reports. Here we will just focus on some Server Health options.