Time on a VideoXpert system is critical for proper functionality.
Pelco Video Management
VideoXpert OpsCenter Clients
Improper setup can cause devices to display a wide range of symptoms including the wrong time on the overlay, connect failed messages and failure to record.
- OpsCenter must be installed and any enhanced decoders must be configured.
Validate the OpsCenter is syncing with the NTP device:
- Click Start > All Programs > Meinberg > Network Time Protocol > Quick NTP Status.
It should show an (*) next to the IP address of the NTP device specified during the OpsCenter configuration as shown below.
Validate the Enhanced Decoders are syncing with the NTP device:
- Launch Putty (C:\Users\pelco\Desktop|tools\putty\putty.exe). If it is not installed, download it here.
- Under Host Name (or IP address) type in the IP address of one of the Enhanced Decoders then click Open.
- If a Putty Security Alert screen appears click Yes.
- Login with [Username: decoder Password: pelco].
- Type ntpq -p then click Enter.
- It should show an (*) next to the IP address of the NTP device specified during the OpsCenter configuration.
- Type date then click Enter.
- It should show the correct time and date.
Repeat these steps on any remaining Enhanced Decoders.