NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
What is the correct procedure for migrating Infinet controllers from a Continuum controller fieldbus to an AS-P.
Andover Continuum, SmartStruxure Solution
It is critically important to follow an approved and tested procedure when migrating Infinet controllers from Continuum to SBO.
Procedure for Converting / Transitioning the Infinet Bus
Prior to migrating the Infinet
Using the conversion tool and other engineering efforts, create the AS-P database for all Infinet devices, Infinet, Interface items, etc. in either a live AS-P or in the PCT.
At the site
1. From Continuum Cyberstation, you must do the following to each Infinet controller that you are moving to an AS-P.
a. Upgrade all Infinet devices that are going to be converted to the latest firmware version. Firmware upgrading capability will not be available in SBO until a future release.
b. Clear the memory of all Infinet devices involved before relocated to the AS-P com port by editing the controller object and selecting Runtime > Reset.
2. If the conversion was done on the PCT, deploy the AS-P
3. Verify that the AS-P firmware is 126.96.36.199 or higher.
4. Disconnect Infinet bus from the Continuum controller com port(s).
5. Move the Infinet bus (busses) to the corresponding RS485 port(s) on the AS-P.
6. Confirm that the Infinetdevices are all showing online under the AS-P
7. Download the Infinet devices. *
8. Backup all Infinet devices to flash memory.
* If the Infinetdevices share data with other Infinetdevices then it may be necessary to repeat this step in order to establish the complete Import/Export table. (The beta version doesn’t support IE, but the RC does)
The above steps are very important!! You can get yourself into offline and bus problems if you do not follow them closely.
There may be a desire to skip the reset of the controllers for time sake, but please do not skip this step! You will spend more time than you will save because the likelihood is high that you will have substantial difficulties in getting the i2 controllers on line and in a stable state to accept your download file.
All of the Infinet controller must be reset in Continuum before moving the bus to the AS-P. They should then be backup up to flash memory to ensure that they do not revert to their Continuum configuration following a cool start.
If you run into problems that make it necessary to abort the migration process and return the controllers to the Continuum system, all of the Infinet controller must have their memory cleared before landing the bus on the comm port of the original Continuum controller. For those controllers which have not established communications under the AS-P, this will mean performing a hard reset at the Infinet controller hardware.
At no time should the Infinet bus be connected to the both the AS-P and the Continuum controller at the same time as this confuses the Infinet controllers causes communications issues that will take some time to resolve.