Configuring 2 monitors on an Ops Center
Pelco Video Management
- Ops Center
A new 2 monitor Ops Center needs to be configured.
Two monitor setup without a decoder
- The Ops Center comes with 2 Display ports, a DVI port and a VGA port.
- Use any combination of 2 of the supplied ports to directly connect monitors
- Note: single monitor performance is split between the 2 monitors. 8x 1080P 30fps streams total can be viewed.
Two monitor setup with a decoder
- Connect your local monitor to the DVI port or a DisplayPort.
- Terminate the VGA port with a terminator.
- Boot up the decoder and wait for the white screen displaying its IP address.
In windows, re-arrange your monitors to the same way they are physically laid out.
- (WIN7) Right click your desktop, click "Screen resolution"
- Drag your monitors to match the physical layout. Click Ok.
- Launch Ops Center software and log in with localadmin/localadmin
- Input the settings specific to your site then click Configure Monitors. The below is only an example.
- Click Monitor 1 and validate it is set for Direct.
- Click Monitor 2 and select Decoder. Input the IP address listed on the decoder then click Connect. If this is the first time connecting or if a new Ops Center version was installed an update will be applied to the decoder. It will reboot and then display the background image.
- Click Finish and Save.
Note: The Matrox card is not needed for either of these setups. If one of the screens is black, press the Windows Key + p and set to Extend