No documents that show how to add an IP camera to a Network.
Ip Cameras fixed or PTZ
No documents on how to add an ip camera to a network.
- Depending on what type of power the IP camera requires here is how to add an ip camera to a network system.
- Connect the network camera to your local area network ( LAN).
- Plug an Ethernet cable (Example CAT5) into the Ethernet socket.
- Plug the other end of the cable to a router, switch ( AKA gateway or access point.)
- If your network is setup for DHCP then allow the camera a few minutes to connect to the DHCP server to obtain an IP address.
- If No DHCP is found, most of our Pelco ip cameras will default to 192.168.0.20
- Once the camera is installed you can use a network searching tool like Pelco Utilities click HERE
- If the camera cannot be found with Pelco utilities, you can try to ping the camera in a dos prompt.
- Go to Start, run, type CMD then enter.
- You can try to ping by typing Ping 192.168.0.20 -t (This will do a continue ping on the camera until you press CTRL+C)
- If the ping does not reply, try to ping once more.
- The ip camera might need to be factory defaulted if ping does not reply.
- Depending on the model number of the IP camera will depend on how to default it.
- Once the cameras ip address is found you can connect the web browser to it and verify that you have video.