- Why am I getting an error logged from the PelcoAPI service - GenaException.
"Exception of type 'Upnp.Gena.GenaException' was thrown"
Pelco Video Management
- Digital Sentry
- DSSRV / DSSRV2 / DS NVs
- Pelco API Bundle Services
PelcoAPI communication loss to the DigitalSENTRY VideoServer Service.
This message is reported anytime the DigitalSENTRY PelcoAPI Service is unable to communicate with the DigitalSENTRY VideoServer Service. The message will stop being reported once communication is restored.
- Reboot of the Digital Sentry server.
- Running through a DS Quick Setup configuration, this will restart the DS VideoServer Service.
- Manually restarting the DS VideoServer Service while the DS PelcoAPI service is still running.
Generally, if you see this message following some type of configuration on the DS system, it is ok and can be ignored. If the message is being reported when there is no configuration or maintenance being done on the recorder, verify the DS VideoServer Service is not stopping or restarting on its own.