Customer would like to use a different Admin account name
Pelco Video Management
Because the DSServiceUser account is the primary DSSRV user and administrative login account, once the DIACAP/RMF compliance guidelines are applied, the account settings configured by the DSSRV software combined with the RMF compliance settings prevent the account name from being changed
The following document has been created to resolve the inability to change the “DSServiceUser” name account. These instructions will show you how to create a new administrator user account for the DSSRV.
1. Go to Start and click on Control Panel –
2. Next, click on “New User accounts and Family Safety” –
3. Click on “User Accounts” –
4. Click on “Manage another account” -
5. Click on “Create a new account” -
6. Create a new user name and give the user “administrator” rights -
7. Give the new administrator user an DIACAP/RMF compliant password. This password must be at least 14 characters in length and consist numbers, letters upper and lower case as well as special characters.
8. A new administrator account has now been created with full administrative rights.