Customer is setting up VxPro hardware for the first time.
Pelco Video Management
First time configuration
Getting Started with VxPro
- Download the latest version of VxPro software before you begin. VxPro software downloads
- Change IP address in "Network & Internet" (changing at a later time wll not effect future configuration)
- Change computer name
First Time Launch:
- Power on your server.
- At the login screen, login with the default password: Pel2899100.
You will recieve a UAC prompt for GetStarted.exe. Click Yes.
Click Get started. This wizard will start the VideoXpert Pro Server service which also starts your 60 day trial license.
- The Get Started Wizard will automatically Close.
Set the password for the admin user on your VxPro system.
Provide a Company Name; this is the name by which Pelco’s licensing portal will recognize your VxPro Server.
At this point we recommend updating the VxPro software to 188.8.131.5226. This can be downloaded from Pelco.com.
Note: If you would like to change the computer name or set a static IP, you can do this now.
- Launch the installer.
Accept the license agreement and Click Begin Upgrade.
The VxPro Components that will be upgraded are listed. Click Upgrade.
Accept the UAC prompt.
Click Open to launch VxToolbox and continue server configuration.
- Click the System Tab.
- Enter an NTP address.
Click Save Settings.
- Click the Cameras tab.
- Click the binoculars icon to discover cameras.
- Highlight the cameras you would like to add to VxPro.
Click the Vx button to add and commission.
- Click on the Licensing tab.
- Click the Add symbol to add a license. If your system has an active Internet connection with access to http://licensing.pelco.com, you can select the option to activate the license online and skip the remaining steps in the licensing process.
- Enter your activation ID in the Activation ID box, and then click Enter. A Entitlement Request File, named request.bin, will be downloaded to your computer.
- Open a new browser tab and go to the Pelco licensing server at http://licensing.pelco.com.
- Log in to the Pelco licensing server. You can use your user name and password or your Activation ID.
- Click Generate License.
- Click Choose File, select your Entitlement Request File, and then click OK.
- Click Generate License. The Entitlement File, named response.bin, will be downloaded to your computer.
- Return to the Licensing page within VxToolbox.
- Click Choose file under Upload Entitlement File.
- Select your Entitlement File named response.bin, and then click OK.
- Click Upload.
- Click Save.
Creating a user
- Go to the Users tab.
- Click the add symbol.
- Enter a username and password.
- Assign a role to the user (Admin, Manager, Supervisor, User).
- Provide additional user information.(not required).
Configuring the client software on the server.
- Launch VxOpsCenter.
- Enter credentials for a local administrative account.
- Enter an NTP server address.
Click OK on the Log Out Required popup.
Log in with the user account created earlier.
JBOD drive configuration
On initial configuration, your VxPro JBOD system will record all cameras to a single drive. You must add your additional JBOD drives to a volume group through the VxStorage interface to record using the full capacity of your JBOD system. Click the below link to follow the JBOD configuration guide.