Troubleshoot Security Expert Controllers showing offline in the client.
SmartStruxure Solution, Other
Require some common troubleshooting steps to help determine why controllers may be offline to the client.
The main items to check are:
- Follow the “Troubleshooting Hardware” steps starting on page 22 in the “SecureXpert Technical Training.pdf”.
- Restart the client software.
- Check that the Firewall is disabled. Check any Anti-Virus Firewalls/settings as well.
- Restart the Security Expert services under the PC's Services option in Control Panel. These need to be restarted when any changes are made.
- Confirm that the module versions are all the same. Go to Help > Version and check there. If the database has not been upgraded to the same version as the client software then this can cause communications issues.
Also note that if you have imported a database backup then you will need to check/change a number of other settings as well to ensure everything is setup for your specific server and controller.
- Under Global > Download Server confirm that your computer name is the name of the PC where the download server service is running.
- Under Global > Event Servers ensure that the conputer name is the name of the PC where the event server service is running.
- Under Sites > Controllers confirm the Serial number, IP Address, Download Port, Download Server and Control and Status Request Port match what is set in the controllers configuration web page (browse to the controllers IP Address to view).
- On that same General tab go to Diagnostic Windows and open the download and event server windows. Review the information contained and if there are any errors shown.
- Right click the controller and select Health Status. Review the status messages displayed.