Where to locate the product model and serial number for Digital Sentry DSSRV / DSSRV2 video recorders.
Pelco Video Management
- DSSRV network video recorder
- DSSRV2 network video recorder
Technical Support requires serial number for service.
There are several ways to lookup the serial number for DSSRV1 and DSSRV2 Network Video Recorders.
1 Using the default computer name
(This option is only available if the computer name is still default and has not been changed)
By default, each DSSRV (DSSRV1 and 2) recorder is named from the factory as 'PC-serialnumber'.
Check by using System Properties or using the hostname command.
- Click START > Search Bar > type in sysdm.cpl and press ENTER (You can also use the key combo the [Windows Key + Pause/Break])
- The 'Full computer name' will be listed.
- Click START > Search Bar > type CMD and press ENTER.
- In the command prompt, type hostname and press enter.
The computer name will be listed under the command you entered.
2 Using the product label sticker
The product label is located inside the front pull down grill on the front of the DVR. There is a think product sticker on the left side if facing the front of the unit.
Look for the Serial Number (SN:) listed under the model number.
3 Using the WMIC command
- Click START > Search Bar > type in cmd and press ENTER
- Type in the command wmic bios get serialnumber
The Serial Number will be listed.