Motoin detection settings need to be configured within legacy Sarix IP cameras and IP video encoders (NET5400T series).
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Video Management
Legacy Sarix IP cameras
Net5400 series IP video encoders
Legacy Sarix products do not include an interface via their web GUI to configure motion detection.
In order to configure motion detection within Pelco legacy Sarix cameras and encoders, the following settings must be configured within Pelco Utilities:
- Enable the motion detection service in the camera
- Configure the motion zones (up to 3 zones are available)
- Please refer to Pelco Knowledge Base artilce LL#16991 to enable the camera's motion detection service
- Double-click the desired camera in the right-hand pane of Pelco Utilities' "System Attributes" tab to open the camera in the "Devices" tab
- Select the "Motion" tab in the right-hand pane
- Select a region (1 thru 3)
- Make sure the the "Zone Active" box is checked
- Use the drawing tools to select how you want to create the motion detection mask
- Click and drag the mouse over the live camera image to draw a rectangular mask (Box drawing tool)
- Set the sensitivity and threshold settings
- Click "Save"
- Repeat configuration for regions 2 and 3 if desired