How many streams can be transcoded?
Pelco Video Management
Information is not readily available.
How to Transcode:
1. Log into VxOpsCenter
2. Click View > Max Video Quality
3. Pick D1 or CIF
Connection speed settings:
The connection speed setting set in the Ops Center config for a specific server will have the following effect on transcoding:
512K restricts you to JPEG streaming
1 Mbps restricts video to CIF resolution (532 x 240) or smaller
5 Mbps restricts video to D1 resolution (720 x 480) or smaller
10 Mbps restricts video to secondary streams when available
Connection speeds greater than 10 Mbps have access to full resolution video
- The secondary stream is picked for transcoding.
- For recorded video, If the secondary stream is not recorded, we transcode I-frame only.
- We can transcode around 10 streams with our Dell hardware. ( This is an estimate. Actual value depends on secondary stream configuration)
- The software attempts to use hardware transcoding if the GPU uses Nvidia NVENC or supports Intel Quick Sync.
- Our hardware has a 2 stream limit of hardware transcoding.
- If the hardware does not support transcoding, we fall back to software transcoding which supports up to 5 streams transcoded to MPEG4. (5 is an estimate. Actual value will depend on CPU speed and secondary stream configuration)