NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
Need to update firmware on the VxS RAID controller
Pelco Video Management
VxS version 2.x
Avago RAID controller firmware lower than 4.680.00.8261
If you are getting error messages about "Controller encountered a fatal error and was reset" on your VxS, update the RAID controller firmware.
*NOTE: Please use this link to download the RAID controller firmware here: Version_4.680.00-8261
*NOTE: You will need to unzip this file and then copy the files over to the VxS that you are going to update the firmware on
Here is the process to follow in order to update the RAID controller firmware on a VxS:
1) Log into Windows on the VxS (Default username: "pelco", default password: "Pel2899100"
2) Double click on the "MegaRAID Storage Manager" icon on the desktop as shown below
3) Click on the IP address link of this VxS as shown below
4) Login to the MegaRAID Storage Manager (default username: "pelco", default password: "Pel2899100")
5) Next, click on the "Logical" tab as shown below
6) Click on "Controller0: AVAGO 3108 MegaRAID(Bus 1,Dev 0,Domain 0)" as shown below
7) Right click on "Controller0: AVAGO 3108 MegaRAID(Bus 1,Dev 0,Domain 0)" and click on "Update Controller Firmware" as shown below
8) Click on the browse button as shown below
9) Locate the file that contains the updated firmware and then click on "Open" as shown below
10) Click on "OK" to continue as shown below
11) Check the box next to "Confirm" and then click on "Yes" to begin the firmware udpate
12) Check the box next to "Confirm" and then click on "No" to skip Online Firmware Update as shown below
*NOTE: Not choosing Online Firmware update will require the VxS to be rebooted once the firmware update has completed.
13) Wait while the RAID controller firmware is being flashed
14) Now that the RAID controller firmware update has completed, click on "OK" to reboot the unit
15) When the unit boots back up, it will now have the updated RAID controller firmware