NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
A customer wants to check the RAID array and drive status in Windows Server 2012R2 OS of Pelco VxStorage unit without going into RAID BIOS setup
Pelco Video Management
Pelco VxStorage hardware
Check is required without rebooting the storage unit
1. Remote Desktop to the VxStorage unit in question
2. Launch MegaRAID Storage Manager by double-click on the icon
3. Select the unit to check (multiple units can be listed)
3. Use Windows Server credentials (same username/password of Remote Desktop session) to login
4. Once you login, you will be able to see the dashboard of the RAID (log messages at the bottom)
5. Click "Physical" tab will show you physical drive status
6. (Optional) Rebuild a drive by right-click on the replaced/failed one