We currently only support VideoMotionDetection1 from Axis cameras, but new cameras come with VMD3 or 4 by default.
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Video Management
- Axis P3364
VMD1 is hidden by default in the camera UI
Note: Step 4 and beyond will only work with IE11
1. Log into the camera UI
2. Click Setup > Applications > Stop any running Video Motion Detection applications.
3. Type into the URL bar http://[Camera IP]/operator/motionDetection.shtml
4. On the right-hand side, ensure the "Configure Include Windows" radio button is selected then click New.
5. A new window is created on the image and by default it is a straight line on the upper left side of the image.
6. In order to resize this window move your mouse cursor to its top edge until you get the 4-point arrow.
7. Now you can drag this line to the center of the image.
8. From here you can resize the box by dragging the edges to your liking.
9. On the right-hand side increase the sensitivity to 90% to start with. History should already be at 90% but if not, adjust that as well and click Save.
10. The activity window will show you how much motion is occurring in the scene and if the red motion area is above the threshold line, a motion event will be sent.
Note: Before exiting the motion detection configuration page make sure that the settings are calibrated completely and you will not require any further changes. We have seen an issue where after closing the browser, IE will crash upon trying to reach the same page. If this happens try configuring IE for compatibility mode and clearing the cache. Also try accessing the page from a different computer using IE11.