Configuring Pixel search
Pelco Video Management
Pixel Search requires the VxPro system to be updated using installer version 188.8.131.52
Configuring Pixel Search:
1. Launch VxToolbox.
2. On the Cameras Tab highlight the camera which you want to enable pixel search for.
3. On the right-hand side, expand the Analytics section.
4. Click the Edit icon.
5. Set the detect motion setting to "On Server".
6. The contrast level may need to be adjusted later to meet your sensitivity needs.
7. Click Done.
8. In OpsCenter you will now be able to use pixel search on this specific camera.
Using Pixel Search
1. Launch Ops Center and Log in.
2. Drag a camera that is configured for server-side motion detection into the layout.
3. Right click the video and select "Search Recordings for Motion (Pixel Search)".
4. A Pop up will appear explaining how to search for video. Click OK.
5. Select an area for which you would like to search for motion events.
6. Set your time period for the search.
7. Click search.
8. Click jump to event to see a list of events that match your search criteria.
9. Select an event and click play.
Pixel Search is limited by the hardware – your GPU and CPU
- If you’re displaying locally on the server, that uses up GPU/CPU resources
Pixel Search capability depends on how you’ve configured your secondary stream – higher settings means more HW power needed
- The secondary stream does not need to be recorded, but it is still used to generate the motion metadata.
Pixel Search supports Pelco and 3rd party cameras, excluding Evo/Optera type cameras.
- Optera & Evo are part of the plan but couldn’t make it in the first release due to the unique challenges with dewarping
- Once configured for Pixel Search, the system records motion detected by the server only. Camera side motion detection settings are not used.
- Pixel Search will not work for video recorded prior to Pixel Search configuration.